List of achievements in each riding instructional levels.
1. Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting.
2. Know hazards on a spot.
3. Set up Trainer kite.
4. Know the use of safety systems.
1. Have basic flying skills with trainer kite.
2. Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant.
3. Twist and untwist the likes while flying the kite.
4. Walk and change directions while flying the kite.
5. Know the wind window.
1. Set-up 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system.
2. Pre-flight check equipment and settings.
3. In-flight check equipment and settings.
4. Pull quick release and active kite leash.
5. Understand and use the international communication signals.
6. Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant- 4/5-line de-power kite.
1. Control the kite hooked into the harness.
2. Understand the de-power system and can use the safety system (with 2 and 1 hand).
3. Advanced flying skills and the de-power kite.
4. Show full control of de-power systems in flight.
2. Recover the bar and kite.
1. Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite.
2. Water re-launch the kite.
3. Body drag downwind.
4. Maintain correct kite position in the wind window.
5. Change Direction to the left and right while body dragging.
6. Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water.
1. Upwind body drag to recover board.
2. Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand.
3. Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging.
1. Know the power stroke for a water start .
2. Know the safety rules and theory for water start.
3. Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start.
– Water start in both directions and ride a short distance.
– Come to a controlled stop.
– Understand weather forcast, tidal- and wind effects.
– Determine the wind strength, direction, and quality.
– Know the right of way rules.
– Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions.
– Control the riding speed by edging.
– Toeside edging.
– Consistent riding in all directions including upwind.
– Ride amongst other riders and water users and respect the right of way rules.
– Change of direction without stopping .
– Make a toe side turn.
– Risk assessment and awareness of the riding area.
– Self Launch.
– Know the theory and the safety rules for jumping.
– Land a basic jump.
– Basic Jump
– Jump with Grab
– Rider Recovery
– Board Recovery
– International Kiteboarding Signs and ROW
– Weather and Tides